I’m often questioned if this office accepts insurance.
The quick answer is no. Usually this is immediately followed up with a question of why.
Why do you not accept any health insurance or 3rd party pay at the office?
There are great answers to that question, so read below and find out why I would possibly do such a thing.
- The standard and quality of care I provide is the highest I can possibly give you. Insurance companies are not willing to recognize that, nor will they pay for this high quality and quantity of care.
- Insurance companies would require me to do procedures and tests that are not necessary for you to receive care at this office, wasting both your time and your money. My promise to you is that I will only do what is needed for you to receive care and refer you out to other doctors if you need anything more.
- To accept insurance I would be required to compromise and limit my ability to provide the best care possible for you. I would be forced, in essence, to provide you with incompetent care. That is something I am not willing to do.
- It has been shown that people who pay for their care on their own get healthier quicker and receive much better benefits from chiropractic care. I want you to benefit as much as possible from the care I provide for you.
- Many people are losing insurance coverage and/or their deductible and co-pays are too high to realistically serve them as they need. Since it is illegal to charge different fees for different situations. I am unwilling to place this clinic into a liable position.
- Most insurance does not cover chiropractic care for children. Again, I am not willing to exclude the segment of the population that chiropractic care can benefit and impact the most. It is, and always will be, easier and less expensive to grow healthy children than to repair damaged adults.
- Insurance was designed for quick, short-term symptom and disease care and treatment. Chiropractic’s objective, as practice in this office, is about optimizing structure and function to your health and helping to enhance all aspects of your life, throughout your whole life. Philosophically and clinically those two objectives are incompatible and it becomes a contradiction to try and change one objective to fit the other. And as we all know, contradictions can only lead to disaster.
For those reasons and more, I have chosen to not participate with any insurance.
The great news is that you can be provided the ultimate in holistic health care. Mind, Body, Spirit and Soul.
Dr. Kevin Gyurina