An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.
“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
Have you heard this before?
Based on this story, what is the best question to ask yourself that results in some aspect of your life improving. Have you considered which areas you would like to upgrade?
Take a Look at the Picture Below
This is a Vortex
You are one. Search for your self, I recommend start with The HeartMath Institute (I’ve linked to their research portion of their site)
The Red lines represent positive input, life affirming and expansive input. This is accomplished in many ways, sitting quietly reflecting or pondering life events and perception, then shifting your perception to bring about peace and harmony in your life and others around you.
The Blue lines represent negative input, life degrading and narrowing input. This typical has been part of your environment and it is how you learned to interact with life. Perhaps the world’s struggles have overwhelmed you and now see everything with a negative spin. Other potentials may even be over worry about situations that are out of your control.
Our thoughts, mannerisms, experiences, perceptions, attitudes, behaviors and actions are governed by what and how we think. I ability to quite the mind sense and find our personal peace so that one can go through the day being productive, able to contribute while maintaining self honor and respect.
There are many areas of our life that we are in high frequency mode. Many people are in consideration and reflection during much of our day, it can be mundane or life changing, either way the brain is doing its work. Even dream time is being influenced by our daily experiences.
Below I include a vast category of 12 areas of our current human experience throughout a life time are being addressed, tested and improved upon.
In some areas you are doing well and have a mastery of. In others, you may have little or no experience, perhaps you have never even thought or heard about, let alone spend time considering it.
Here are the 12 areas of life that may require some reflection
- Self-awareness: the physical body, personality, appearance, personal views on life, self-identity, self-image
- Personal money and possessions: what you value, your hidden talents, sense of self-worth, self-esteem
- Communication: which by extension includes one’s immediate environment: siblings, neighbors, short journeys, and also includes the intellect
- Family: home, children, land, personal foundations (inner emotional security), your roots.
- Creativity, and the pursuit of pleasure. This includes personal interests, love affairs, sports, hobbies, speculation, risk-taking, teaching, drama, creative self-expression, love given, gambling
- Daily work: service, diet, health and physical sickness, physical ability to work, employees. This includes volunteer labor, civil service work, care taking, and mundane daily tasks.
- All one-to-one relationships: marriage, business partnerships, contracts, cooperative relationships, and also divorce, separation, quarrels, open enemies, and law suits.
- transformation: Death, regeneration, taxes, inheritances, wills & legacies, sex (the actual act of sex), latent occult (hidden) ability, joint resources, joint finances, your partner’s money and possessions, spouse’s money, bankruptcy, losses, personal sacrifices, alimony, clairvoyance.
- Understanding: Philosophy, religion, law, learning, higher education (as opposed to early education), ethics, morals, long journeys, travel, foreign countries and interests, spiritual urges, dreams, visions, higher mind, ideas, understanding and wisdom, books, publishing, ceremonies, and rituals.
- Public arenas: Status, honor, community power, prestige, reputation, and professional career, recognition, personal achievements, social responsibilities, sense of duty
- Community: large groups, and friends. It refers to memberships, hopes, goals, ambitions, wishes, social groups, associations, humanitarian interests. It also refers to self-realization, liberty, legislation and regulation.
- Subconscious: the hidden self that exists apart from our physical everyday reality. This includes the unconscious mind, subconscious memory, subconscious habit patterns from the past, mental illness, karmic debts, self-deception, escapism, spiritual realization, limitations, frustration, and ultimately our self-undoing.
Addressing these areas, some times one at a time, sometimes they come as learning in groups.
Looking for support?
Transforming your life for the better?
Set up your appointment with me in person or phone/Skype